If you’re looking to save some data from your cell phone plan, or just want a lighter version of Facebook, you can install the Facebook Lite app on your PC.
If you use Facebook as much as I do, then you know how heavy it can be on your phone’s internet usage, especially if you have a limited data plan! So I decided to try out the lite version of Facebook so that I could use it on my Windows PC instead of my phone!
Here’s how you can get the Facebook Lite app installed and running on your Windows 10 computer.
Download Facebook Lite App for PC using Emulator
If you are willing to download and install Facebook Lite for free, then you have landed on the right page. Follow these steps given below to download Facebook lite App for your Windows.
Steps to Install Facebook Lite App using Bluestacks:
1. Download Bluestacks android emulator on your desktop/laptop machine for free from bluestacks website.
2. Once installed, launch it and register with your gmail id/google account or with facebook
3. Now search for Facebook lite using google chrome browser
4. Once you find it, click it and install it
5. That’s all! Enjoy using Facebook Lite App on your PC.
Features of Facebook Lite App
1. Faster, snappier and more battery-friendly.
2. Save space on your phone by using Facebook’s more resource-efficient app.
3. Browse in more places with a data-saving mode that works in areas with slower network speeds (like 2G or EDGE).
4. Connect faster with people who have lower connection speeds.
5. Download only videos you want to watch while saving cellular data, without waiting for them to load.
6. View photos and updates from friends without having to open Messenger.
Why Should I Use Facebook Lite?
The Facebook Lite app is around 1MB in size, compared to up to 200MB for its regular mobile application. The social network has now made it available for Android and iOS platforms, as well as for PCs and laptops running Windows operating systems.
But how can you download it? And what are its main benefits? Keep reading our guide, and we’ll show you everything you need to know about Facebook Lite!
What Are The New Updates in Facebook Lite App?
In June, Facebook announced that it had introduced a new beta version of its Android application. Along with some new features, it also brings back an old feature that was present in earlier versions of its mobile app: data saver mode.
Now called Facebook Lite, it is specially designed for Android devices with low-end hardware specifications.