The Google Duo app is a video calling app for Android devices. It was built by Google LLC’s Communications Platforms & Products division. It is free to download on the Google Play store, but requires an active mobile data or Wifi connection in order to function. The cross-platform app is compatible with iOS devices as well.
How to Use Google Duo app for laptop?
Google Duo can be installed on PC using third party emulators like Bluestacks. It should work without any sort of issues.
Google Duo will function just as well on a computer, but you won’t have the option to use Knock Knock feature or switching between Wifi and 4G/LTE data connection. Google does plan on making this a feature in the future, but it isn’t available yet.
Method 1: Install Google Duo App on PC with BlueStacks
1. Download and install BlueStacks App player on your PC from bluestacks.com/download
2. Launch the app and sign into your Google account when requested
4. Go to search in BlueStacks top left corner and type ‘Google Duo’
5. Click on the only result available (the first one) to open Google Play store page for Google Duo
6. Click install, then accept permissions by clicking on the Accept button
7. Wait for Google Duo to finish installing, then click open to launch the app. You can also find it in your apps list on BlueStacks home screen.
8. If you’re using an Android device, Google Duo can be installed from the Google Play store.
Method 2: Install Google Duo App on Laptop with NoxPlayer
1. Download and install NoxPlayer on your PC
2. Open NoxPlayer > Click on Google Duo icon to open the Play Store page
3. Click Install, accept permissions by clicking on Accept button
4. Wait until it finishes installing, then click done or launch app from your apps list on home screen.
FAQs about Google Duo App
1. What is Google Duo? How does it work?
Google Duo is a video calling app for Android and iOS devices developed by Google LLC’s Communications Platforms & Products division. It uses your personal Google account to connect you with friends and family for video calls.
2. What do I need to use Google Duo?
In order to use Google Duo, you will need an Android or iOS device and a personal Google account.
3. What devices are compatible with Google Duo?
Google Duo is currently compatible with Android and iOS devices. There is plans to make the app available in desktop in future.
4. How can I download Google Duo for my computer?
Google Duo can be installed on PC using third party emulators like Bluestacks. It should work without any sort of issues. Google Duo will function just as well on a computer, but you won’t have the option to use Knock Knock feature or switching between Wifi and 4G/LTE data connection. Google does plan on making this a feature in the future, but it isn’t available yet.
5. Is Google Duo free to use?
Yes, the app is free to download and use, but requires a Google account or phone number in order to communicate with other people who are using the app.
6. Can I use it internationally?
Yes, you can use Google Duo to make calls internationally.
7. How do I make a call?
After opening the app, you will see your recent contacts as well as a list of people who are currently online and available to chat. To make a call, simply select the person you want to call from one of these lists.
8. Can I use Google Duo on my computer?
Yes, you can use Google Duo on your computer by visiting duo.google.com in a web browser.