The Mi home app is an Android application which allows users to control the products in your Xiaomi smart home system.
After setting up your Xiaomi account, you can simply download and install the Mi Home app for PC on your Windows/MAC PC or Laptop.
Here are two methods to download and install the Mi Home App on a computer/laptop.
#Method 1: Using Android Studio Emulator
1) Download the Android Studio emulator from this link (https://www.bluestacks.com/).
2) Then open the downloaded file after it has been downloaded and extract all the zip files.
3) Open the extracted folder and click on android studio which will launch a window that asks for a product key to be entered, do not worry about this, click on ” I don’t have a product key and click next.
4) You will be asked for a name and path in which you want the emulator to be installed, name it whatever you like and choose any location but make sure there is no other version of Android Studio in the folder.
5) Click next and install it.
6) By now the emulator has been installed which you can access through this start menu.
7) Click on it to launch the emulator and download Mi Home app for pc or laptop.
8) Once the download is complete, log in by using your Xiaomi account.
#Method 2: Using Chrome Browser Extension
1) Download the Mi Home app for PC by clicking this link .
2) Log in to your Xiaomi account by entering your cell phone number and security code. Make sure you are logged into the same account on both devices, your smartphone and PC/laptop.
3) Next step is to download Chrome browser extension for windows or mac which can be downloaded from here.
4) Once you have downloaded it, open it and allow the extension access to your browser. Make sure you are logged in on the same account on both devices.
5) Search for Mi Home app for pc through Chrome browser, it will take you to the Google play store for pc.
6) Click on install and wait for the download to complete, once done log in using your Xiaomi account.
You can now control your smart home system through Mi Home app.
Q1) How do I log out?
A1) To log out of the Mi Home app on a PC, simply click on the user icon in the top right corner of the app and click log out.
Q2) Is there any difference between Mi home app for android and pc?
A2) No, they are almost identical as one is just an extension of the other. The only minor difference is that you will be asked to log in when opening Mi Home app for pc.
Q3) Do I need to use the same account on both devices?
A3) Yes, if you are using different accounts on your smartphone and PC/laptop it will not work. Make sure they are logged into the same Xiaomi account.
Q4) Is there any way to use Mi Home app on my PC without opening Chrome browser?
A4) Unfortunately, there is no way this can be done. You have to open the Google Chrome browser for it to work.
Q5) How can I update my Xiaomi devices?
A5) To update your device go into the settings cogwheel and click on check for updates. It will automatically update your device to the latest firmware.
Q6) Where can I find a manual for my Xiaomi products?
A6) You can download a PDF file of your product’s manual by going into the Setting cogwheel and clicking on it under the “help” section. Clicking on the instruction manual will automatically download it and show you how to use your Xiaomi product.
If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comments section below.
I hope this article has helped, thank you for reading!